Embrace The Intricate Beauty of Uncertainty
Nik

anything

you can put anything here


It has been awhile hasn't it? I'm now 25.
Sunday, March 23, 2014 @ 12:35 PM PERMALINK

Since the last time I've written anything here, I've turned 25.

Yes, I know I've been intent on telling people that I'm only 21 when the truth is, I've hit the dreaded quarter century mark. I feel like society dictates that when you are 25, you are a real adult. It isn't one of those bullshit birthday things where you are considered an 'adult' on your 18th birthday because you can legally drink alcohol or when you turned 21 and were supposed to given the keys to life (or legally required to vote)

If only 25 was as simple as turning 18 or 21. 25 is the time when people start looking at you to have your life together. When they look to see if they can decipher if you have a plan for your future. People around you are getting married and having children. They have stable jobs and plans to go far in the companies they are working at. Some people have plans to buy flats or cars. 

Me? I think I need to start working on what insurance policy to purchase. 

25 is a confusing age. It feels like you are old enough to have your life together yet it also feels like you have so much of your life ahead of you. It seems like the age where your past seems like it's so far behind you yet you can still remember events from way back that seem like they just happened yesterday.

You are old enough to have history that you have to bring up by saying '7 years ago....' yet these memories don't feel as old as you'd expect them to feel. Sometimes I can remember them with shocking clarity.  I sometimes wonder why my brain thinks it is important to remember who drank soya bean milk when we were out drinking 10 years ago. Or what colour someone's hair was 9 years ago.

Anyway, back to turning 25. I wasn't very excited to celebrate hitting this confusing milestone so this is what happened instead.

Ale & Beat rallied two other troop members to surprise me at dinner on Valentine's Day, where we ate at Gary Kim's and I tried Almond Tea with a fresh egg. I'd drink it again, even if it looks like an alien is about to hatch from it. 

IMG_1546

IMG_1545

IMG_1563

IMG_1567

Birthdays are never really a big deal at home so my mum bought me dinner and my sister bought me mini cupcakes.

IMG_1605

IMG_1631

I also made use of my off day to check Chye Seng Huat out with Abby before heading to Bartini Kitchen for dinner with the rest of the girls. As it turns out, the chef at Bartini is an ex colleague of mine (I guess being old enough to have ex colleagues has its perks) and he gave us a 20% discount and free shots - what a sweetheart.

IMG_1660

IMG_2550

IMG_2548

IMG_1652-1





































While I figure out what I'm supposed to do with being an adult.. If anyone asks, just tell them I'm 21. It'll be our little secret. ;)



Labels:

Post a Comment


tq so much ; ayemrawi, images